What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit isabsolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is
enabled to live a godly life, and is called to active membership in a local church.
- We believe that all those who die in God’s grace through faith are assured eternal salvation; those who die in a state of sin and unbelief suffer the punishment of Hell.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ with equal value across racial, gender, and socio-economic differences.
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all it dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
- Finally, this statement of what we believe is not exhaustive. For purposes of Antioch Community Church’s faith, doctrine, policy, and discipline, our council of elders is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.